Are you planning to travel to Australia? If so, you should consider several important factors about the different visa requirements to enter the land Down Under. Here we have discussed all the vital considerations you should remember while applying for a Visitor Visa Australia.
What Are The Considerations For An Australian Visa Application?
While applying for an Australian visitor visa, you should consider the following points.
- Which visa you should apply for and the specific eligibility requirements for that visa
- Specific obligations you have to comply with while being in Australia
- The information about obeying the conditions of a valid visa.
Australia has one of the strictest immigration rules and restrictions on produce and food. So you should know all the essential factors like what you can bring and what you cannot, limits on duty-free concession, and what you can expect while travelling through seaports and airports in Australia.
Also Read:- Guide To Follow For Passport And Visa Photos
What Are The Visas Available To Visit Australia?
There can be several reasons behind your visit to Australia. You may plan to visit a friend or a relative to spend the holiday with them. You may arrange to visit various tourist places in Australia, or it may be other reasons, like recreational or business purposes or medical treatment. And, you may be passing through on the way to anywhere else. Whatever be your staying duration, you should have a real Australian visa.
There are different types of Australian visitor visas available. The type of visa will depend on several factors, including the duration of your stay, nationality of passport, the current location of the applicant, and your purpose of visit.
Which Australian Visa Do You Need?
To know which Australian visa will suit you for your visit to Australia, you should check the Department of Immigration website. It has plenty of information and valuable tools to guide you correctly. Here we give a detailed guide on the things to focus on.
- Before selecting the travel visa for Australia, you should explore the ‘Find a Visa’ tool to select the correct type of visa that will satisfy your travel requirements. It will give you a clear idea of which visa application will need some fee and which one will not.
- You should submit correct and complete information in the application. Providing all the necessary supportive documents will increase the chance of the visa getting approved. Otherwise, your application may be delayed or eventually refused.
- In general, the application procedure for most temporary visitor visas is simple. It also takes significantly less time compared to the other visa applications.
- But at the time of lodging the application, more help may be required as the procedure involves many complexities. In such a situation, you may seek assistance from a qualified visa consultant from Perth. They can assist you and make sure that you get the best outcome of the application. The best thing is that if anyone charges a fee for consultation, he should be the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority-registered.
- If your visa gets the necessary approval, you can legally enter the country and stay here until a specific date or expiry date, as long as you comply with the visa conditions. For instance, if your visa says that you cannot work in Australia or work for a limited number of hours, you must comply with that condition.
The most common temporary visitor visa to Australia is Visitor Visa Subclass 600, discussed in the following section.
Necessary Details On Visitor Visa 600
Here we give a comprehensive guide on the specifications on the Tourist Visa 600, as outlined on the official website of the Department of Home Affairs.
What can you do with this visa?
There are several streams under this visa with which you can enter Australia for different purposes like business or travel or spending a holiday. You can stay for 3 to 12 months in Australia, based on your purpose.
The basic charge for application for this visa is from AUD140 to AUD1020.
Before you apply, you must have a look at the Visitor Visa Subclass 600 checklist. In general, the requirements are:
- You can enter Australia for a holiday purpose, business activities, or travel to different Australian sites.
- You must show to have enough funds to support your stay in Australia.
If you are from the People’s Republic of China, you can also enter Australia with a registered tour agent. But for that, you should apply for the Frequent Traveller Stream under the Visa 600.
Right now, the situation is not very normal due to the COVID pandemic. In the Tourist stream, if you apply inside Australia, the application will take about 7 to 8 months to process. But, for the same outside Australia, it will depend on several factors. It is affected for the Business Visitor Stream too. For the Sponsored Family Stream under Visitor Visa 600, the processing time will be 4 to 9 months.
Other Visitor Visas
There are other two visitor visas that you should note. One is eVisitor Subclass 651 Visa. But to apply for it, you should hold the passport of a particular eligible country. Another is the Electronic Travel Authority Visa Subclass 601. This visa will cost you about AUD20 for your application. Here also, you have to be a passport holder of an eligible country. So, before you apply for these visas, you should check the website of the Australian Immigration Department to see whether your passport country is eligible for it.
What Must You Do After You Get Your Tourist Visa?
Once you get your visa in hand, you have to ensure it remains valid throughout your visit. The following two rules will help you achieve that.
You Should Be Aware Of The Australian Visitor Visa Obligations
When you get your visa, you must know all the obligations associated with your Australian visitor visa. Having a visitor visa will not automatically allow you to study or work here. While staying, you may frequently face checks by the Department of Immigration. And if you are found to breach the visa conditions, you may face some serious consequences. We advise taking a careful look at all the specifications so that you can become familiar with what you can do and what you cannot. We recommend you take the matter seriously as you may be banned from entering Australia for three years for any violation.
You Should Remain Compliant With The Visa
Once your visa terminates, you must leave the country immediately. If you have some genuine reasons for staying further, you can make some arrangements with the Department of Immigration before the deadline. So if anything happens that may affect your immigration status during your stay in Australia, you should immediately tell an immigration officer. They are helpful and can tell you what to do if your visa expires.
It is always better to discuss with an immigration consultant Perth the application procedure. This way, you can avoid unnecessary challenges and get the desired outcome.